Digital Libraries are virtual spaces that mediate access ,use and generation of knowledge.
The Corporation of Universities for the Development of Internet in Mexico (CUDI)
promotes the development of digital libraries. The Open Network of Digital Libraries (ONeDL, or "RABiD"
after its initials in Spanish) integrates and consolidates efforts of CUDI members to promote federated access
to their collections and services. Software and standards will be produced in order to facilitate the inclusion
of more Digital Libraries into ONeDL.
Initial collections include:
- Digital Theses
- Publications by ONeDL members
- Public academic papers
- Digitized Ancient Books Collections
Initial services include:
- Metasearch engines
- Virtual Reference environments
- Collection visualization
- Infrastructure for personal collections
- Colaborative recommendation
This network will take advantage of ongoing developments at each of its member insitutions.
Initial members of the network are:
- Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla (BUAP)
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM Campus Monterrey)
- Instituto de Investigaciones Dr. Jose Maria Luis Mora (MORA)
- Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Mexico (UAEM)
- Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi (UASLP)
- Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
- Universidad de las Americas Puebla (UDLA)
- Universidad Veracruzana (UV)
- Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
This is an open network so new members will be added to this list.
- Texas A&M University Libraries
Through its Mexico City Center, the Libraries of Texas A&M University make their aerial
scanning equipment available to all network members interested in digitizing ancient
books and archives.
- Universidad de Sonora
- Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo
- Universidad de Colima (UCOL)
- Meetings and reports read
- Reports, tutorials and manuals read
- Members reports read
- VOAI OAI-PMH metadata server generator for relational databases
- XOAI OAI-PMH metadata server generator for xml databases
- xmLibris digitized documents administrator
- CIText digitized ancient books administrator
- PDLib Personal Digital Library
Important information for project members:
- 15-Jun-06 Project Home Page released