Submit your Xplore-compatible PDF by February 22, 2013, directly to EasyChair at:
Email submissions will not be accepted.
The new IEEE Xplore® Requirements for PDF will be enforced as of 2005. All conference articles submitted to IEEE sponsored conferences must be in IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF format.
IEEE offers PDF eXpress as a free service to IEEE conference authors, allowing you to make Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs you have created yourself for Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
- It provides a means for you to convert your files to PDF, without requiring you to have access to a conversion program.
- This conversion is provided in an IEEE Xplore compatible format, without you having to worry about conversion settings.
- The system emails the converted file back to you, so you can make sure that your contribution is IEEE Xplore compatible and that no unintended corruption occurred.
- It ensures that your paper views and prints as well as possible in IEEE Xplore.
- By minimizing the risk of post-processing problems, it reduces the amount of time it will take for your paper to appear on IEEE Xplore.
- It greatly simplifies the task of conforming to IEEE submission requirements.
Steps for creating your Xplore compliant PDF file:
- Proofread and check layout of manuscript. (It is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to PDF eXpress.)
- Create PDF eXpressaccount
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to attain Xplore-compatible PDFs. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
- IMPORTANT: After finishing with the PDF eXpress web site, log into your EasyChair account at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=conielecomp2013to submit your final, Xplore-compatible PDF(s) byFebruary 22, 2013. Note that you must loginas author to your EasyChair account and then submit a new version of your paper. Please make sure that your final paper has been correctly uploaded.
Using PDF eXpress:
- Go to the PDF eXpress web site.
- Once at the PDF eXpress web site, create a new account by clicking on “New Users – Click Here” link.
- Enter CONIELECOMP13x for the conference ID.
- Continue to enter information as prompted. You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account.
- Through your PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or submit PDFs for checking. You will have the opportunity to revise your submission if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, if you find mistakes in your manuscript, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check.
- Technical support via email is available if you experience trouble in creating your PDF: email@example.com
Use the templates below to meet the following formatting requirements:
- Paper Length: Maximum 6 pages, including figures, tables & references
- Paper Size: US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) or A4 (210mm X 297mm)
- Fonts: Embed ALL fonts in your PDF file. Avoid the use of Type 3 fonts.
- File Format: Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Allowed File Size: 2.0Mb
- Do NOT page number your paper
- Do NOT apply security settings to your PDF file.
If the paper is accepted for publication at the conference, you will also need to adhere to the following requirements:
- Meeting the formatting paper requirements is mandatory for publication of the paper in the IEEE Xplore database. Also, IEEE policy requires that you send a signed Copyright Form for each paper. Without meeting the formatting requirements or without the Copyright Form the paper cannot be published.
- Atleast one author per paper must be registered and attend the conference to present the paper.
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude any accepted paper from distribution after the conference (including, removal from IEEE Xplore) if the accepted paper is not presented at the conference.
Templates and Sample Papers
MS Word Template
- Click here to download the MS Word Template file.
Adobe Distiller Settings for IEEE Xplore Compliance:
- Click here to download the PDF settings file that will allow you to automatically set Adobe Distiller to produce the IEEE PDF requirements. This zip file contains instructions on job option file usage as well as files for job option settings for Adobe versions 5, 6, 7 and 8.
LaTeX Templates and new BibTeX style:
- For Unix, Click IEEEtran.tar.gz and IEEEtranBST.tar.gz
- For PC and Mac, Click IEEEtran.zip and IEEEtranBST.zip
- For LaTeX, be sure to use the template’s conference mode. See template documentation for details.
- Make sure to eliminate Type 3 fonts from your document BEFORE submission. Refer to the Type 3 Font Info page for details.
- Sample Paper in Adobe Acrobat